6.24.2010

Thankful Thursday

Disclaimer:  This post is beyond cheesy.  I've warned you so if you continue to read, you cannot make fun of me.

Today I decided to post a few pictures of things for which I am incredibly grateful.  I am not usually one to be in a sentimental mood, but for some reason I am today.  So, a few things/people my life would be incomplete without and what they are to me:


My sisters, Kristin and Erin
Always there for me; usually answer my phone calls; understand that I am ridiculously lame but love me anyways with only the slightest bit of humiliation; always forgive me when I am a total witch.

My parents and the love they have shared for going on 30 years
Huge inspirations; role models; encouragers; believe in me when I can't believe in myself; stand up for me when I don't have the courage or the will power to stand up for myself.  I'm thankful for their tolerance although I'm sure I have been quite difficult.

High School Girls
If we've stayed friends this long, I truly believe we'll stay friends for much longer.  Life lines; memory sharers; girls I go to with what I think is serious life drama; understand me because they have watched me grow up

Macy
My first dog, well pet, of my own; my company and my family in MS; the reason for much of my laughter

Law School Pals
Encouragers; the ones who will stay up with me all night to study since we've wasted the entire semester; the ones who will always go out with me after a rough day, test, or lots of work; friends for the rest of my life because we have gone through an experience that is impossible for others to understand.

CrunchTime Legal Books
My last minute go-to that never fails me after I wait all semester to study.  I could not make it through law school without these books.

Old Navy
Forget quality when all of your summer clothes just about are stolen from you and you are left with nothing but the clothes you've had for years and years and then ratty t-shirts.  ON allowed me to re-stock almost my entire wardrobe for very little and for that I am incredibly grateful.

Travelling and New Experiences
I like to think I'm the well rounded person I am because of all of the amazing experiences I have had the opportunity to have and all the places I have gotten to go.  I've been to places like Europe, Vegas, NYC, Baltimore, Chicago, the lake, IKEA, Mexico, and the list just continues.

Laughter and those with whom I laugh
A sense of humor... is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life. - Hugh Sidey
A day without laughter is a day wasted. - Charlie Chaplan

Remington T-Studio Hair Straightener
Better than my Chi; never failed me, even on the most humid, rainiest days in South Alabama and Central Mississippi; quick and not time consuming; amazing.

For these things, and for plenty more, I am incredibly thankful.  I have been blessed beyond measure and am continuously and daily blessed.  Today, I wanted to count some of those blessings.  Thank you for sticking with it and reading through this corniness.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post...not too cheesy at all. And btw, I have a crunch time for crim pro sitting beside me at this very moment. They are livesavers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very sweet Keri! I am proud of you. It made me think of all that I have to be grateful for. Thank you for including us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete