5.02.2011

Weekend #2

WOW!  This was my second to last weekend in Jackson.  CRAZY!!!

My weekend started Thursday night.  The LSBA (= to student government) booked the Friendship II, a party boat on the Reservoir, for us 3Ls.  It was the last night of class, so no one had anything pressing to do on Friday, so it was a last chance for us 3Ls to get together - just us - and have fun.  The boat had a huge lower deck, most of which was covered, where we had food and sodas and air conditioning.  Then, there was a great top deck with tables and chairs and a dj and dance floor.  Oh, it was SO much fun.  We left the dock around 6 and didn't get back until about 10.  We just floated around the Res, dancing and enjoying hanging out with all our classmates.  PICTURES!

Jamie, Ryan and I
Jamie's my law school BFF and we have known Ryan since 1L year.  Ryan also worked with Gov. Barbour this semester while I worked with Treasurer Reeves, so we worked together a good bit.

Katie, me, and Brandie
We've all been friends since 1L year, too, but we've really gotten close this year. 

3Ls breaking it down (Cupid Shuffle, maybe?) on the deck of the party boat 

Justin and I
Again, friends since 1L and then we had all our tax law classes together, so that is automatic bonding over that terrible stuff! 

After the 'cruise' ended, we all went to our favorite bar on the Res - Shuckers.  It was just a continuation of the party and since it was a Thursday night and Shuckers is so far out, it was basically just us so it made it even more fun!

This is Mitch.  Same last name.  Families from the same area.  We pretend we're related.  All the time.  Seriously, I think people think we're legit cousins, if not siblings, because we joke about it so much.

Pete, me, and Ron
Again, friens since 1L year.  Love these boys! 

Jared and I
He and I became friends this past year when we were 'studying' in the library.  Jared graduated in December and just found out he passed the MS Bar! 

Ryan drove us around all night in Ron's Tahoe.  Emily and I always got stuck in the back back because the boys are rude.  haha 

The 3L Night was so much fun.  It made me realize, yet again, how many friends I've made since I've been here in Jackson and how much we've all gone through together.  These kids are family now.

Friday, Katie, Brandie, and I had another POOL DAY!  We laid out at Steve's pool and just chatted and caught up.  I love those girls and our 'girl time.'

Friday night was a calm night.  Kip was out of town, so Macy and I just hung out and watched a movie on demand.

Saturday I went to the school library for a while.  Then, Saturday night, I went and hung out with some of the kids that were in my orientation group last year (meaning their 2Ls).  I haven't gotten to hang out with them in a while, so it was so much fun just catching up.  No pictures that night.  :(

Today, ugh.  Library all day.  I felt like a 1L because I was still there at midnight when they kicked us out.  I was actually the last person to leave the library.  That should be a crime.  ha.  BUT, I'll take one late night at the library to be FINISHED with law school on TUESDAY!  Woohoo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment