5.09.2010

Sweet Irony

I am now 3/4 of the way finished with 2/3 of my law school career.  :)  I am a little bit excited. 

Finals started this past Tuesday.  Of course I had a final the very first day.  Insurance Law.  It was tough.  3 hours.  90 multiple choice.  Open book, open notes - meaning I had an amazing 130 page outline complete with a table of contents AND my case book.  Sure, sounds great, right?  Yeah, it sucked.  Insurance was an interesting class (if you have any questions about your policies or legal rights concerning your policies, I'm your free go-to woman) but it covered so much material and our professor was sure to test us on ALL of it.  Oh well, one down.

My next final was on Thursday.  Business Associations.  3 hours.  45 multiple choice.  1 essay with 3 questions.  A lot of friends had this class with this professor this past fall.  They had me scared to death.  Rumors circulated that this was the hardest testing teacher at MC Law and that most people actually failed the final.  I don't know if it was because of that and that I just studied my bootie off or if it was because of the fact that her fall 2010 class only filled half way and people were requesting more spots to be opened in the other BA teacher's class instead of taking hers, but I thought the final was not bad.  I probably missed some major issue on the essay or something because it seemed too easy.

Final 3 was yesterday morning.  Yes, on a Saturday.  It was really given on Friday morning, but because I had BA Thursday afternoon, I requested to take the alternate date, which they allow you to do in certain classes.  Luckily for me, that was approved so I got a full day in between finals to study.  Bankruptcy Law.  3 hours.  9 parts, each part having anywhere from 1 to like 12 short answer questions.  This was also open book, open note, meaning I had my casebook and another 100 page outline (this time without the table of contents).  It was in between Insurance and BA.  I think with short answer, you can kind of bs a bit and you are able to write TONS of information if you want.  That is what I did - just throw up everything that I knew about a topic that was being questioned onto my test.

If you notice, I titled this post "Sweet Irony."  I did so because after my final yesterday morning, I felt almost like I was finished with finals.  I have one more exam, but it is not until Thursday afternoon.  This means that I left school yesterday at noon and didn't have to be back for FIVE days.  FIVE days to study for ONE final.  I had it planned:  taking the weekend off, celebrating, relaxing, and having a good time.  Then on Monday, back to the books.  Well, I come home and what do you know!  One roomie is in his room studying and the other is at school in the library.  They both have 2 or 3 finals this week - starting Monday.  Fine.  They don't want to play with me.  I start texting.  NO ONE wants to hang out.  EVERYONE has to study.  So, I'm 'done' for a couple of days and no one else is.  Of course, the roommates both were able to go to Thirsty Thursday at the Mississippi Braves on Thursday night when I had to study.  Of course, another friend was able to go out on Friday night when I had to study.  Now I'm ready to hang out and I'd be doing so all by my lonesome.  Also, of course, the boys and all my other friends (except good ole' Jamie who'll be right there with me on Thursday afternoon) are finished with exams by like Tuesday which is exactly when I have to really be hitting the books hard.  Ironic, eh?

Oh well, all that stands between me and a couple of weeks of freedom AND 3L status is Estate and Gift Taxation.  COME ON THURSDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being 3/4 complete & good luck with your last final!! If I ever need a good lawyer, I know who to call :)

    ReplyDelete