5.13.2010

Top 3 Thursday - Books

I feel like I have missed a couple of these, but when Lacey sent this week's Top 3, I knew I HAD to do it!  This week it is my top 3 books.  Guys, if you know anything about me whatsoever, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read.  I could do nothing but read all day every day and be fine and happy.  I'm not kidding.  I read anything and everything from autobiographies to fiction and from food labels to novels.  I thought I would love to do this week's Top 3, but instead, it was incredibly hard.  I can't say these are my Top 3 books, they're just the first 3 that came to mind that I really enjoy!
3.  All of Jane Austen's Novels

I love classics.  Jane Austen is one of the most amazing authors.  Her stories are absolutely beautifully written and so full of every emotion.  I just love them.  I think my favorites are Pride and Prejudice and Mansfield Park. 

2.  My Hands Came Away Red
I love to go to bookstores and bargain shop.  Barnes & Noble usually has some pretty good deals.  But, Lifeway Christian Store has amazing book deals!  I picked this book up early last summer for like $3 at Lifeway and it was seriously one of the best books I have ever read.  It's about a girl who joins a group of other teenagers and they go to do mission work in like Indonesia.  The story is all about their journey.  AMAZING.  Please read this book!  It's Christian fiction and a book I could honestly not put down and when it was over, I wanted to keep reading more!

1.  Sarah Dessen books
A couple of my old small group girls from Troy suggested I read some of Sarah Dessen's books.  They're the ones who introduced me to the Twilight series when there was only 2 books in the series, so I trust their book judgment!  I ordered a couple of Sarah's books off of Amazon for cheap and I LOVE them.  Sure, they are written for teenagers, but her stories are so great and so real, I just love reading them!  Again, I love everything I have read by her, so it's hard to pick a favorite.  I really like "Along for the Ride."  If I had to pick one, I'd have to say it is my favorite.


Like I said though, I LOVE to read EVERYTHING.  If you're ever interested in reading something new, I'm your 'go-to' girl for suggestions!  And, if you ever read anything that you think is particularly good, PLEASE share!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Sarah Dessen, I'm going to have to check her out! Thanks for the suggestion I need some new reads this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave you the "I love your blog award".. check it out and pass it along!

    XOXOX
    Jenn

    http://jennhigby.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete