7.27.2010

Tuesday's Tune

So, I was pretty sick for the past week and a half.  I re-entered the world of the living yesterday and I have been so ridiculously busy trying to catch up and with tons of new stuff going on, too. 
1)  I started a new job at a law firm in Ridgeland, MS, this morning.  They have already piled me up with research projects and memos to write and pleadings to draft.  However, the two attorneys that work there are both young and seem very fun.  I'm excited about working with them during my last year of school.
2)  I still have my other summer job at another firm.  I'm supposed to only work 15 hours a week, but this week, I am working almost 30! 
3)  I also have my class two nights a week, which is thankfully wrapping up.  However, "wrapping up" means I have a final next Thursday. 
4)  I am taking the Ethics Bar (MPRE) on next Friday!  I have to make a certain score based on the Rules of Professional Responsibility to make sure I am ethical enough to practice law in Mississippi or Alabama (or wherever else I may choose to go).
5)  With all my work that I am actually paid for and my class, I have still been volunteering for Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project and working incredibly hard on making brochures on different topics for people with no legal knowledge to be able to understand.  This is very time-consuming and requires a lot of research, but I love doing it.  MVLP is a great organization and I'm excited they're here in town so that I have the opportunity to work with them.
6)  Finally, I am a STAR Director (read, Orientation Director/Planner).  1L Orientation is in two weeks so we have SO much to do to get ready for that.  I've been busy designing tshirts, finding a location to host a social, finding a dj/band to play at the social, meeting with 1Ls, etc.  It's a lot of fun and I enjoy it, but good grief.  Who knew it would consume so much of my summer.

So, anyways, I didn't mean to complain.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE being busy.  I think I strive under pressure and looming deadlines.  At least I'm not having to take the Bar Exam this week like so many of my friends!!!  I was getting at that because I have so much to do, I took this afternoon and came up to the school's library.

(from law.mc.edu)
 It is usually not my favorite place to go when I have a lot to do, but I figured since it was the summer there would not be many people here.  I always study or work with my headphones and listening to Pandora.  I heard a song that I just thought was funny.  It made me laugh.  So, I'm going to share it with you all!

Kate Nash is pretty awesome.  She's British.  She's super young.  She's really talented.  I just like her songs.  They're silly and funny and catchy.  Check her out.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

P.S.  I had really wanted to insert the you tube video onto my page, but I don't know how to do that.  Can someone tell me?  I wanted it to show up instead of just having to link to it.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were sick! I'm glad you're feeling better!! Wow you do sound busy this summer!! :)
    I haven't heard of Kate Nash I'll have to check her out!
    And if you want to insert a video on your post, go to the youtube link and under the video on the bottom right is a button called . Just click on that and it will give you a code that you copy and paste into your blogger post. Hope that helps!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete