4.11.2011

MC Law Kids are Cultured and Well Rounded

This weekend proves this.  As the weeks and days quickly, quickly pass by, I'm reminded of how many great friends I have here in Jackson and how I have the opportunity to do so many different kinds of things with different people.

Friday evening, I went with one of my favorite 1L guys, Heath, to the movies.  He asked me earlier in the week if we could have a movie date, so we made it happen on Friday.  We'd thought about seeing Lincoln Lawyer, but decided at the last minute that was too 'lawyer-y' and we wanted to see something different.  SO, we watched Insidious.  Ahh.  I'm not much of a scary movie (like that type of deal) person.  It was a little dumb, but it did make me jump a lot.  After the movie, I met two girls, Tracey and Julie, for a great dinner at Styx.  I haven't been there in ages and I love hibachi, so it was delicious.  I ended the evening back at my house.  About six or seven of my friends came over and we just sat around and played Phase 10.  None of those kids had ever heard of the game.  What?!  ha.  I taught them.  The evening turned out to be relaxing and fun and I got to see a lot of my friends even though they don't hang out together.

Saturday was just a relaxing, lazy day at home.  Macy and I slept in and then just spent the rest of the day hanging out and enjoying the pretty weather.  Saturday night, I met Katie, Jamie, Gleason and Megan, and Chris for dinner at Bravo.  Bravo is a DELICIOUS Italian restaurant here in town.  After dinner, all of us (sans Jamie) headed back downtown to see The Barber of Seville performed by the Mississippi Opera.  I absolutely love things like that.  I don't mind having to read the subtitles.  I love the orchestra.  I love the ridiculous outfits people wear because some thing it's like prom night at the opera.  It's just fun to me.  The Barber of Seville is about a Count who is secretly in love with a woman in Seville (surprise?) and so he disguises himself as a poor man and is helped by the town's barber, Figaro (think the song Figaro, Figaro, Figaro that everyone knows regardless of whether or not they know anything about operas), to make sure that Rosina loves him for him and not for his wealth.  It is a comedy and was actually really funny.  After the opera, we all decided we needed to continue our 'night of culture' and headed to the classiest bar in town, Fenians (definitely NOT the classiest place in town by definitely my favorite local bar), for some chardonnay.  It was a great time and we enjoyed getting to do something different than our usual outings.

No one thought to take any pictures at the opera, so we got a couple at Fenians after.
(Chris, Brad, me, Katie, and Clark with Gleason in the front)

This picture just makes me laugh.  The boys are silly.

Today was MC Law's annual softball tournament.  The weather was PERFECT for a day at the softball field.  We had about ten teams play and were at the field from about noon until 7:30.  They also had TONS of crawfish (gross) brought out there for everyone.  I came home after a bit and got Macy.  She had the BEST time playing with the other dogs and getting to visit with some of her favorite people.  She even made a boyfriend, a precious boxer/pit bull/something like that, Bear.

Megan, Katie, me, and Grillo with Macy and Bear hanging out watching some of the games.

Macy and Bear sharing some love (and slobber).

Macy loves her some Stevie B.!


It was a great weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment