4.27.2011

Weekend #3

This was such a fun weekend!  I decided to stay in Jackson instead of going home to Bama.  It has been a few years since I have been away from home on Easter, but I'm glad I stayed in town.

Friday I spent my day running errands and getting ready for our Easter 'linner' (more about that a bit later).  Friday night, I went to dinner with my friend Katie at Mellow Mushroom.  Then I drove over to Rob's house for the last poker game.  :(  Our 1L year, some of the boys I'm friends with started a Friday night Poker night.  This tradition has carried over every year.  We always played at Rob's house and he and Maria kept us well fed with tasty Italian snacks and Maria made so many crazy, different types of drinks.  These boys taught me to play poker and believe me, I played like a man!  haha.  I was ususally the only girl and so these boys gave me a hard time and played dirty with me; however, I think that because of them, I could play with the best of the best now!  Even though I haven't played in a few months, since it was the last night, I felt I had to stop by for old time's sake.  I snapped a couple of pictures of the boys.

The end of the table that did not have the money:
Some of the Poker Boys:  Rob, Gio, Ben, Kip, Patrick, and Jamie

After I left Rob's house, I went downtown.  I met Stephen and Katie at Fenian's - our favorite spot - where we hung out for quite a while.  Some other friends met us there, too.  Later, we walked down to a house where some 1Ls live.  One of the guys there was having a birthday party, so we joined in on his celebration.  It was such a fun night!  I enjoyed it because I was getting to hang out with other people than I usually do.

Katie, Stephen, and I - B2tW 2011
Me and COD 
Saturday was POOL day!  Steve's apartment has a great little pool so we all went there and hung out pretty much all day.  It was so relaxing and we all got some sun.  It was a great pool day, too, because it wasn't just ridiculously hot and there was a little breeze.  Also, because so many people went out of town for the weekend, it was great because it was kind of empty.  Great day!

Saturday night was GIRLS' Night.  Tracey, Katie and I ate dinner at Mugshots.  We had so much fun catching up and just talking.  Dinner was delicious, too.  After dinner, I went shopping for last minute Easter 'linner' supplies and then came home.  Kip's buddy, Joseph, was over so the three of us hung out and chatted.  Joseph is an attorney already - he graduated from Ole Miss Law in 2007.  He's always sharing stories and giving advice.  The boys watched as I made Ernie's 4 Layer Delight.  Now that was interesting in itself!  ha

Sunday was Easter.  Easter is a special day.  It is the day we celebrate the resurrection.  Jesus hung on the cross for my sins and was laid to rest in the tomb.  Three days later, he rose from the dead to return to Heaven so that we could be alive again.  As 1 Corinthians says, "For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:21-22).  Jesus rose and defeated death for us.  How cool is that? 
Though I missed Easter Sunrise at my home church in Brundidge - Shady Grove Baptist - I got up early and went to a church I attend pretty often here, Pinelake Baptist.  The service was wonderful and such a great way to start the day - a great reminder of that rock that was rolled away from the tomb's entrance.  Pretty cool.  Anyways, after church, I came back home and started cooking.  Since some of my friends stayed in town and since it's so close to the end of the semester, we had Easter 'Linner'.  For those of you who don't know, linner is like brunch, but a combination of lunch and dinner.  It was potluck, so everyone was supposed to bring side dishes and desserts.  I made a ham (delicious by the way - I was quite pleased with myself! ha) and mac & cheese, cornbread, and rolls.  Then I also had E's 4 Layer Delight I made the night before.  Everyone came over around 2 and we ate a tasty and random spread of food.

Alex and Stephen after linner 
Tracey and Katie  
Martin, Jamie, Jess, Maria, Rob, and Kip after linner 

After we ate, I insisted everyone dye Easter Eggs!  I haven't done this in years and I was SOOOO excited about it.  Tracey and I read the directions on the dye kit and prepared everything very meticulously.

The dyes

Everyone had so much fun dying Easter eggs - even the boys who pretended they hated it.

Rob was first and look at his egg!  It matches his shirt perfectly!
Maria and Jamie were next! 
Katie and Stephen were funny about it.  Katie knew exactly what she was doing and Stephen - yeah, he ended up just throwing his egg in the cup because he got frustrated. 
Yay for Easter Egg dying! 
Here are all of our eggs!  I think we did pretty good! 
Macy even had her own egg!  It had a picture of her on one side (see above) and her name on the other!  She would have rather just eaten it, but she did pose for a picture! 

It was such a great weekend!  We had a lot of fun even though there were very few people in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment