3.25.2010

Top 3 Thursday - Celebrities


This week's Top 3 Thursday is favorite celebrities.  I had a terrible time deciding.  Unlike last week when I had a hard time because I had too many to choose from, this week it is because I just don't really care about celebrities very much.  So, here's who I thought of that I like enough to make my list.

3.  Drew Barrymore


Ever since I saw Drew as the cute little, button-nosed, extra-terrestrial loving girl in ET, I have been a fan. 

I consider Drew a great actress and one that is very versatile.  She is not the most popular and has had her fair share of scandal and "bad decisions", but I still like her.  Some of my favorite movies starring Drew are: The Wedding Singer, Ever After, Fever Pitch, Never Been Kissed, and 50 First Dates.
Drew is also a director and producer and has done several pictures that have done very well.  I have not yet seen Whip It, but it is one of hers.  I'm pumped to see it!


Drew Barrymore is just pretty awesome!


2.  Matt Damon

Matt Damon is a super talented hottie!  I remember when I first saw Matt in Good Will Hunting - oh, how that movie inspired me!  Not only did Matt star in the movie, he co-wrote it with life-long best friend, Ben Affleck.  The movie then went on to be nominated for some 53 awards, winning 18, including 2 Oscars.  He has starred in numerous award-winning films and also some of the highest-grossing films of all time.  Matt is not only amazing in front of the camera, but behind the camera as a very talented director.


Some of my other favorite movies starring Matt Damon include:  Saving Private Ryan, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum, Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Twelve, and Ocean's Thirteen, The Good Shepherd, and Dogma.

Matt is also SUPER hot to me.  Whoa.

Even better than that, he's a family man.  He has a wife and two kids.  He's not a big publicity hog or someone trying to stay in the limelight - he's quite the opposite.  He wants a private life for he and his family and I think that is admirable.



1.  Denzel Washington

I think Denzel Washington is one of the most talented actors of our time.  He has been in the business for three decades and hopefully will continue for many more years.


Some of my favorite movies starring Denzel include:  The Pelican Brief, John Q, Book of Eli, Man on Fire, Remember the Titans, and The Bone Collector.  Denzel has also directed movies such as Antwone Fisher and produced several of his movies.

I consider Denzel my favorite celebrity (at least for the purposes of this blog post) not only because of his amazing film background but also because he is a great family man.  He has been married for almost 30 years and has four children with his wife.  In today's Hollywood, I consider that quite admirable.  He also spends a lot of time with his family, and I think that is important.

Finally, Denzel is one of the most charitable actors in Hollywood.  He has not only given a great deal of money to charities such as the Nelson Mandela Charitable Fund for kids and The Fisher House at Brook Army Medical Center for soldiers, he and his family have spent a great amount of time with these people and doing first hand charity work themselves. 

So, there you go!  That is my Top 3 Celebrities for this Thursday!

Honorable Mentions include:  Candace Cameron, Alexis Bledel, Matthew McConaughey, James Franco, Richard Gere, and Will Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment