3.04.2010

Top 3 Thursday - Movies


Okay, so Lacey does a Top 3 on Thursdays, so I borrowed her idea.  No worries; she said I could!

This week is Top 3 Movies.  I did not have to think hard about this at all.  I knew immediately what my 3 very most favorite movies were.  So, without further ado, my first Top 3!!

3.  Dazed and Confused


Who can't love this movie?  It is hilarious.  It is so the typcial teen movie and represents pretty accurately many teenagers' lives.  The first time I saw this movie it reminded me so much of the hype of our high school and the rites of passage for upcoming freshmen.  And if for no other reason, who can't love it because of Matthew McConaughey in his amazing '70s get up!  So sexy.



2.  Pride and Prejudice


Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors.  This adaptation of the novel is amazing.  It is one of the most accurate adaptations I have seen.  The music is great.  The scenery and cinematography are absolutely beautiful.  The story itself is so sweet and depicts one of the struggles faced when falling in love.  This is just all and all a great movie.


1.  The Goonies


This is the best movie of all time!  What a great characterization of childhood friendship and their adventures.  Though I never had an adventure quite as extreme nor one that included pirate ships, gun shots, and escaped convicts, I remember quite a few crazy ventures of our own.  And I definitely had friends like these.  I could quote the entire movie and love watching it with friends who have never seen it before.  This is a classic!

1 comment:

  1. i knew you'd say this!!! we have both loved the goonies for a while havent we?! :)

    ReplyDelete