4.19.2010

As Promised . . .

MORE pictures from New Orleans and the 2010 Southern Republican Leadership Conference!  I wish I knew how to make cute little collages so my post wouldn't be 10 pages long, but sorry, I don't!  So enjoy it like it is!  :)

Jamie and I on the Amtrak train from Jackson to New Orleans.  It was so much fun!

A group of Republican women from Jackson, along with Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant rode the train with us.  They had this life-size, cardboard cutout of Sarah Palin that they carried around all weekend.  Of course we had to take a picture since Jamie had texted all our friends and told them we were riding the train with Sarah Palin!

We stayed at the Ambassador Hotel on Tchoupitoulas Street.  It was THE perfect hotel.  I was really worried because the pictures on the website made the place look so quaint and homey and I was afraid our room was going to be terrible.  But, it looked just like the website pictures!

We were waiting on Sean Hannity to start his show.  These guys are all second year law students with me:  Blake, Ron, me, and Jamie

On our way back into the Hilton for the show, we ran into this man pushing this bulldog in a stroller!  I had to have a picture with her!  Ron jumped in.

This is Rick Santorum, former Senator of Pennsylvania.  He currently practices law in Pittsburgh and DC and is very involved in the Republican Party and also contributes on Fox News some.

This is my favorite man alive.  Well, not really, but I love him.  Hello Haley Barbour, Governor of Mississippi.  AMAZING man and SO knowledgeable.  Look him up.  You, too, will be impressed.

This man will be a surprise candidate in 2012, or at least a lot of people will pull for him.  This is the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry.  Great guy.

Friday night we went out to Cats Meow on Bourbon.  This is me and my friend, Meg.  She's a 2L also.  Oh, and that's Ron looking mighty creepy in the background.

This lady hung out with us all night long!  I'm really good at making friends with strangers in bars apparently.  She is married and has kids and was there with her sister and brother-in-law, but she liked us better.

So, Jamie and Ron left me to go the restroom or bar or somewhere.  Jamie says he was gone five minutes and he came back and I was on the stage with strangers singing Cher.  haha.  Love it.

After the convention ended Saturday afternoon, me and some of the 1L boys grabbed Tyler and his wife and went walking down to Jackson Square and all around.  Eventually we stopped for burgers and drinks at Margaritaville.  Starting with me and going clockwise: Me, Tyler's wife, Mary Ruth, Tyler (2L), Nathan, Frank, and Kenton (all 1Ls).

I am a bit embarrassed to put this picture on here, but as Jamie says, it really sums up the whole weekend.  Ridiculous, out, laughing, and being crazy.  SRLC 2010 right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment