4.05.2010

Easter Weekend in Troy

This weekend was so much fun.  It started off Thursday night.  Classes were cancelled on Friday, so everyone could hang out.  Since I was leaving Friday morning and the boys were all going to play golf, we decided to have a night in and just played Rock Band and other games. 

These are my roommates.  Justin, in the red, is from Ohio.  Kip, in the black, is from Minnesota.  Kristin says that sometimes when I come home, I sound like a northerner when I speak.  They would totally disagree and are constantly making fun of my accent.  We were all in the same section our first year, but Kip and I actually met at church.  When our house became available, we all were looking to move, so it just worked out that we moved in together.  We get along pretty well, even though we all have our weird quirks.  I love my roomies!

These boys are basically the group that I hang out with on any given night.  They're all in law school.  Starting from the left is Rob, Justin, Kip, Jamie, and Patrick.  Rob is married to the sweet Maria.  They are great.  We're at their apartment in these pictures.  They are always begging us to come over and it never fails, when we get there, Maria has made tons of snacks (she made the cookies Jamie is eating this night).  Rob was in the other first year section last year, but we've all become friends.  Jamie was the second person I met at law school.  We were in the same orientation group and ever since that very first day, we've been best friends.  He's the only one out of my orientation group that I still have tons of classes with, even though all of us are close, too.  Patrick was also in the other 1L section with Rob.  He lived across the hall from Kip last year and that is how they became friends and then he and I became friends out of necessity because we were always together.

Jamie and Patrick are probably the two people I hang out with the most outside of class.  Patrick is a huge movie buff and is constantly trying to "educate" me on different movies and is always making me watch something or the other.  Again, Jamie and I met during out orientation group and we have been close ever since then.

EASTER in TROY

I went home to Troy on Friday.  I was going to hang out with some friends on Friday night, but one of them was sick with a virus and so we didn't get to hang out.  Instead, I just stayed home and hung out with my parents and Erin and Jared got there a little later and they hung out for a while before going to their old house for the night.  Macy LOVED getting to spend all that time with Rosie and Millie.

Saturday morning we got up and dad made breakfast and Erin, Jared, and Rosie came back over.  The girls and Jared went to the nursing home to visit Meme.  She loved having us all come over.  She's pretty funny and scolded each of us while we were there for something.  Jared had lost too much weight.  Kristin didn't come back and "fill her order" at Walmart.  Erin and I haven't been to visit in too long.  After, we went down to the church to meet Dad at the Easter Egg Hunt.  We then travelled to Dothan to eat at Outback to celebrate Kristin's 21st birthday.
After I got back to Troy that night, I met some old friends at Monarca's.  Six of us girls hung out and caught up over Mexican.  We then went and met some more friends at Buffalo Junction.  After hanging out there, we went to The Front Porch and met even more old friends.  Since it was a holiday weekend, everywhere we went was just old Troy folk.  It was fun to see everyone and I absolutely LOVE hanging out with these girls.  I'm so grateful that we are still friends after having finished high school 7 years ago, and me having left 9 years ago!  We're blessed!

Sunday morning I got up bright and early for Easter Sunrise Service at our church.  We were at church from about 6:30 until 10:30.  After church, while we were waiting on Dad, we took some pictures.  They are my favorite pictures of the weekend.  They are evidence of just how crazy and ridiculous my family is!

My parents' girls and Jared.  I love that Erin, Kristin, and I could be our own picture.  We're all serious and smiling and we look color coordinated, though Erin is actually wearing brown while Kris and I have on black.  Then you have good ole' Jared looking goofy and wearing pink.  We should crop him out.  Just kidding, J!
Here is my sweet family.  We're all growing up and moving on and it's kind of crazy.  Kristin turned 21 last weekend and she's the baby!  Erin and Jared are now 3 hours from Troy and are on their own both working.  I'm 5 hours from Troy and completely on my own in school.  I think Mom and Dad are kind of missing us!  Dad kept saying how glad he was that we were all home at one time for the first time since Christmas.
This picture just absolutely cracks me up.  Jared is the one who said, "Oh, let's do a family jumping shot!"  Of course we girls agreed.  Kristin and I just look silly and my dress is super short (that's why it's not on facebook!).  Erin looks silly, too, and like she is holding Mom down.  Mom looks like she is trying to use Erin and Dad to lift herself.  J is sucking on his blow pop and pretending to jump.  Then Dad looks like he is posing for a commerical with his crooked arm.  It just makes me laugh.
Jared, the one who kept suggesting the jumping picture, never actually jumped.  I will say, though, that this picture really makes me laugh because he did not jump.  We're all up in the air (surprise - we did it at the same time) and J is crouched, sucking on his blow pop.  We're all in such funny poses, too.
And the best picture of all.  Mom was so jealous of our jumping shots and she wanted to take one, too.  She barely made it off of the ground, but she did!  This was the third try for this picture.  The first time, J took it too early.  The second time, J took it too late.  This time, I was not expecting him to get it, so I did not make a good face or do something funny, but I still like it.
All in all, Easter weekend was a great weekend.  I'm glad I went home, even though the drive is absolutely terrible.  I love my friends and my family, both in Troy and in Jackson, and so I'm glad I got to spend time with all of them.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Easter "jumping" pics!!! TOO CUTE!!! :)
    It was so good to see you over the weekend!!! Love U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of your dad a la Sears Catalog. So adorable. And I want to meet all your Law people in person! Next road trip: Jackson!

    ReplyDelete