4.14.2010

Wednesday's Wise Words

I have not done a Wednesday's Wise Words in quite a while.  I thought I would share something I read earlier this week, so here is this Wednesday's Wise Words.


Everyone can make a difference.  That's the bottom line.  Most likely, everyday we come across and interact with dozens of people.  Sure, they may be the same people everyday, but what about the waiter at the restaurant or the cashier at the gas station or the clerk at the bank?  A few months ago, I realized how frustrated I often get with service people when they don't do exactly as I feel they should when I feel they should.  Since then, I have been trying to make a conscious effort to be nice and overly friendly to people like that.  Sometimes it is incredibly hard, but I can tell it makes a difference - even if just a small smile - when I throw in a simple compliment.  I try to make a difference.  BUT, I need to make a little more of a difference.  We can all make a difference everyday.  We just have to start the each day with our minds made up that we are going to make a difference in the life of someone else that day.  We have to decide that we are going to be a blessing to someone else.  We have to decide that we are going to say something positive to someone even if we don't really want to.  We have to focus on making the best out of every moment.

James 2:17 says, "Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."  We need to show those that we come into contact with God's love by our actions and our words - EVERYDAY.

One last thought.  Last week I ate lunch with an attorney here in town.  He said that when he was in law school, every night as he was laying in bed trying to go to sleep, he asked himself, "Who today?"  He was asking who did I impact positively today?  He said that he did it for two and a half years while in law school, and ten years later, he is still asking himself this every night.  This made him specifically focus everyday on showing God's love.  That's my new goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment