4.07.2010

Top 3 Thursday - Biggest Fears


BiGgEsT FeArS

This week's Top 3 is biggest fears.  For the first time ever, I am actually doing my Top 3 EARLY.  I am going out of town tomorrow and know I will not have an opportunity to do this tomorrow.

So, I thought about this one for a while today.  There are several things that I do not like.  I'm not a fan of spiders.  I don't care for traffic.  I am not fond of sickness.  However, there is really only one thing that I could think of that I truly fear.  I know I rarely follow the rules of this Top 3 thing, but this time instead of three, and not four like before, I have only one Top 3.

For most of you that know me at all, I'm sure you can already guess what my biggest fear is.  I have no idea why I'm so afraid of this.  I don't remember any traumatic experience when I was a child (or a teen, or a young adult, or ever).  I have never even really had any problems with this.  But, for pretty much my entire life, I have feared this.  I truly thinks it gets worse as I get older, which is probably not good.  Guys, my biggest fear is . . .

dun dun dun . . .

curious?

I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I'm deathly afraid of . . .

THE DENTIST

Guys, I hate the dentist.  I cannot even describe in words how much I dislike it.  I mean, when I turned 16 years old and could drive myself to the dentist, I would pretend to go to the dentist and drive around town for an hour and then go home and act like I'd been.  I mean, even thinking about the dentist makes my stomach knot up and my palms sweat.  That's pathetic, hmm?  I cannot even handle someone telling me about their dental experiences.  When a friend (or a stranger or anyone) begins telling me about their latest dental dilemmas, I get physically sick.  I want to throw up.  I sweat.  I shake.  I can't handle it.  I mean, I do not even want to hear about someone getting their teeth cleaned.  I really, honestly, genuinely hate it.  Don't tell me about your teeth.  Don't talk about your dentist.  Don't do it.  Like I said earlier, it's terrible because the older I get, the more I need to go to the dentist to make sure my teeth stay okay, but it is the hardest thing.  I would rather go to the gynecologist!

I mean, I usually love to find fun pictures for this Top 3, but the thought of what I might see when searching dentist on google images was too much.  So, no pictures.

Okay, that's it.  I've told you my biggest fear.  Call me lame or a baby if you want, but I do not care.  You keep your white, straight teeth and I'll keep my lunch.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I busted out laughing when I read you would ride around for an hour and pretend you went to the dentist!! Ugh I agree I don't like the dentist either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you riding around and then going home and saying yeah mom, no cavaties! :)

    ReplyDelete