4.22.2010

Top 3 Thursday - Pet Peeves


3.  Cruising in the Fast Lane

I get so annoyed, especially on the interstate, when a driver sets his cruise on 70mph but then rides in the left lane, which is the FAST lane.  If you're going to cruise at all, get in the RIGHT lane.  The left lane is technically for passing, not even just riding along at a high rate of speed.  I travel back and forth and spend way too much time on interstates to have to deal with this.
2.  Smacking Gum

It's gross.  I am not a fan of gum.  I very rarely chew it myself and only when I am in desperate need of some breath freshening and have no other options.  If you're chewing gum, I don't want to hear it and I don't want to see it.  It's gross.



1.  Text Talk

We speak English.  We should write, type, read, speak - just all in all communicate - using correct grammar.  This text talk annoys me TERRIBLY.  It is NOT 'u', 'ur', 'gr8', 'ic', 'thx', 'b', 'b4', etc.  If you send me a text message using this mess, it makes me not want to read it or reply.  Of course, I do, but it does make me cringe on the inside.

4 comments:

  1. I HATE it when people cruise in the fast lane!!!! It is SO ANNOYING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with your top 3!!! I have a hard enough time typing the correct letters... let alone trying to type the right ones with numbers thrown in and vowels missing! I'm good for 'LOL' and 'haha' and that's about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. We do have really common tastes in peeves! It's gr8t 2 c that. Buhhhh. That hurt just to type. Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO you said I was talking about you when I did my top 3, I think you were probably thinking about me in yours. I totally remember you calling me out about smacking on some gum and I def. catch myself cruising in the fast lane. Woops!

    ReplyDelete